Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Maiden Voyage

Ok so most of my friends and a lot of my family have been in the blogging hemisphere for awhile. I've really never been one to write down my feeling or my likes and dislikes and share them with mostly total strangers. I was really kind of turned off by the whole blogging trend all together. And then I started reading two blogs that really inspired me; Nie Nie Dialogues and Rockstar Diaries.

I found myself going back on a daily basis wanting to know what was going on in these peoples lives. It was like a drug. Every time I would go back I would feel a connection with these people and there struggles. Then I realized what was so intriguing about these people I had come to admire and want to emulate. They got me! I liked hearing about someone else's kids sticking things down the toilet or refusing to put there shoes on and wanting to read the same book nine times in a row. Or decorating for Christmas or planning their new nursery.

So I got to thinking what could I blog about that would be of some interest and would also show my talents. I decided it probably wouldn't be the inspirational content I was finding in these other blogs that I admired. I don't have the time or the eloquent talent to express myself fully on a daily basis. So I decided to blog about my passion for making jewelry, coming up with crafts and projects on a budget and my everyday whims.

"When we engage in what we are naturally suited to do, our work takes on the quality of play and it is play that stimulates creativity." - Linda Naiman




No comments:

Post a Comment